Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the topic is which characters I'd name my children after.
Well since I was young girl I always kept lists of names that I loved for when I one day had children, but I am not sure that it had that many character's names on it, but here goes.
1) Skye - from Skye O'Malley by Bertrice Small - she is a very brave and independent woman and I just love the way it is spelled.
2) Jem - from To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I have always loved this name from the first time I read this book. My sister loves the name Scout - but I have always had a place in my heart for Jem.
3) Gabry - from The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan - she is the sweet quiet girl who becomes a very strong and resilient young lady after facing so many challenges.
4) Jacob - from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - well it's JACOB! (but mostly I have always loved this name), and well I love werewolves too. And also from The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - he's a little boy the they save along the way and he is ever so sweet.
5) Katniss (Kat for short) - from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I have only read the first book in the series and I loved Katniss so much. She is determined to win, so that she can be with her family again.
6) Claire - from Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - Claire is a quiet, shy person who is always willing to help others and make them smile with the kindest of gestures.
7) Damian - from Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton - first he is beautiful and second he has the power to calm Anita through thought and touch.
8) Micah - also from Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton - he is a very grounded and self assured person.
9) Aurora - from Sleeping Beauty - ever since I was little girl I have always loved this name (well I think Disney had a hand in it as it was my favourite movie as a little girl).
10) Esme - from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I have no idea why, but this name just calls to me. It's funny because when I adopted my pretty little cat last year she came with the name Esme and I kept it because I love it! It might be weird to have a baby and a cat named Esme... so this might not make the cut when I finally look at having babies. :)
While making this list I realized a lot of the female characters I chose had very strong personalities and were heroine's - interesting.