Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves
1. Any stickers on the covers of books - they are ugly and some do not come off or leave residue.
2. When you get a book home and you find the corner of a page has been folded in during production and then when you try to unfold it you see that the corner is bigger then the rest because it wasn't cut right.
3. What about when the covers in a series your are collecting change styles - you have half the series in one style and then they start releasing the next part with new covers, but haven't updated the old ones.(For example: Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake Series)
4. When you are really into a book only to find a page completely missing. This happened to me twice now. I've had to return the book and pick up another copy so that I had a copy with all it's proper pages. It always seemed to happen at a really great part of the book too.
5. When the font is too small to read comfortably.
6. When the next book in a series let's you down. You get all pumped up from the last book and you have a million ideas of what will happen next and then when you get the next in the series it just doesn't live up to your expectations.
7. When your bookmark falls out of the book your reading and you can't find your place - or you think you found your place only to realize after 15 pages that you have already read this chapter.
8. Out of town book signings on weeknights - which mean you can't possibly make it to them.
9. Loaning books out. I have a hard time loaning books out to people - the track record for them being returned is not good at all. (There are a few exceptions to the rule though like BFFs).
10. I honestly am at a loss for this last one....