It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:
Top 10 Books I'm So Happy Were Recommended to Me
I have quite the eclectic mix for you today!
1. Harry Potter by JK Rowling - You guys will die when I tell you who told me to read these books.... MY MOM! She had borrowed them from her friends' grandson and after reading the first two she immediately told my sister and I that we just had to read them. This was probably when book two or three was published and we are all super fans now.
2. Twilight Stephenie Meyer - Another recommendation from my Mom. She is such a huge Twihard! And I am glad she told me to read this series - she owned all of the books before I had really even heard of them.
3. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - I don't think any one person recommended this series to me, but I found it everywhere on the blogosphere and honestly borrowed it from the library to check out - and then promptly bought myself a copy. :)
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I've only read book one so far for this series and this was recommended by someone random person at Walmart while I was just browsing through the lovely book section.
5. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson - my sister had read this and told me that it was a must read. It's not what I expected at all, but I still really enjoyed it.
6. Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton - yes it's smutty with paranormal fun - but I love these books and a lady from work told me about them (she left out the fact that they are smutty) so when I finally read them I was shocked, because I didn't take her for a closet smut reader. ;)
7. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger - I had to read this in high school for a book report - I couldn't make up my mind on which book to pick and my teacher suggested Catcher - I LOVED IT. It's one of my all time favourite books and I received top marks for my book report... wish I still had a copy to look back on... maybe one day I will reread it and post a new review of it.
8. Undead Series by MaryJanice Davidson - who wouldn't love a fun chicklit vampire series? My librarian suggested this series to me.
9. The Dragon Lord's Daughters by Bertrice Small - my BFF Aislynn suggested this one to me. I was already a big fan of Ms. Small's work as my Mom is a huge fan, as well as my sister, my aunt and my BFF. But this specific title was from Aislynn.
10. Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews - a coworker suggested that I give Ms. Andrews another try and that I should read her most famous book... I enjoyed it and will be attempting to read the rest of the series this year at some point (at least I hope to this year).