Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your fave authors and bloggers would pick.
This week Mickey from I'm A Book Shark has stopped by with her picks. Thank you for participating!
*****Chrystal is really making me think here with her new feature! She's asking what 5 books and what 5 items I would bring to a deserted island, and I'm trying hard to be practical but fun. I'm assuming people don't count, otherwise I'd definitely bring my boyfriend and our pets. And I'll leave out a way to get home, because that's too easy. So if I have to go alone with no way back, here's what I would bring!
- Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
I wouldn't ever get sick of this book. Such a fantastic novel!
- Richelle Mead - Succubus Revealed
I absolutely adore this series, and this is the final book in the series. I always want to remember how it ends.
- Judy Blume - Summer Sisters
It's been a while since I've read this one, but I seriously loved it the first time. I'd read it again over and over.
- Stephenie Meyer - Twilight
I know, I know. It's such a great story though. And the first one can stand alone for me.
- Miranda Kenneally - Catching Jordan
This one was really awesome. It's one of my fave YA novels ever.
If I could only bring 5 items to a deserted island, I would bring..
- Food - I would not be good at gathering my own. I'd eat something poisonous or lack the skills to hunt. Ugh.
- Swiss Army Knife - I think this would be useful for something, right?
- Sleeping Bag/Tent - I would want somewhere to sleep. This sounds so unappealing, but at least this would be shade from the elements and something warm at night. This way I wouldn't need sunscreen as much, since I tend to burn. BAD.
- Matches/Lighter - I'd be awful at making a fire without one of these.
- Rope - Ever see the movie Boondock Saints? You always need rope but you never know why or when you'll need it ;o)
I'm sure there are better choices, but this is what I came up with. I'd love to bring more stuff, but I'd also love to NOT be on a deserted island alone without my family! Unless it's with a fully-charged nook and extra batteries ;o) Thanks to Chrystal for having me on the blog today!!