I have been stumbling upon this challenge all over the place and thought that it sounded fun. So thanks to April from Good Books Good Wine for hosting. Check it out here.
Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.
1. I seem to have too many books going at the same time. I honestly think this is the one place in my life that I have ADD. I have two ebooks, two paperbacks, an audiobook and two books delivered by dailylit in my inbox. No wonder it takes me forever to finish anything.
2. I'm a cover whore. I'm drawn to beautiful covers, bright colours, interesting fonts.
3. I have a hard time DNFing a book. I have always struggled through a book no matter what. Sometimes I still push myself to finish books anyway, but there are finally instances where I just give in and DNF.
4. I don't like when a series of books changes formats - for instance the size of the paperback. I have most of the Wondrous Strange series by Lesley Livingston, but haven't brought myself to buy the final book because the paperback copy that has the matching cover is shorter than the ones I already own signed copies of. I seriously hate this. OR when a series has a cover redesign part way through me collecting them all - think Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton (it's had multiple facelifts).
5. I almost always love the book more than the movie adaptation.
6. I have to read the book before the movie. I love imagining the characters for myself, but if I see the movie first all I can picture is the actor from the movie. Can't stand it.
7. I have a hard time lending out books. There are really only two people I am most comfortable lending too... my BFF and my sister.
8. I have a thing about giving books as gifts. I feel like I am slowing turning my family and friends into readers whether they want to be or not.
9. My guilty pleasure is reading a good historical romance (the ones with the naughty bits in them). I adore Bertrice Small (my Mom introduced her books to my sister and I and we devour them).
10. I once owned all of Bertrice Small's book (though many I had not read yet), but with limited space when moving once, I gave most of them away. I kept the ones I adored, gave some to my sister and sold the rest. I absolutely regret this. I want them back.
11. Sometimes my mood can alter how I feel about a book. I worry it will make me DNF too many books. So many times I just stop reading it and start something else. Perhaps that's the reason for confession #1.
12. I have a hard time lately writing reviews. I have dozens that need reviews written. I need a better system.
13. My Mom introduced me to Twilight and Harry Potter. And my overall love of reading.
14. I'm trying to get back into reading an eclectic mix of books. For a long time I've only been focused on YA and I miss the mix that I used to read years ago. I'm loving the variety I've been reading lately. I feel happy again.
15. I have a handful of books on my shelves that I still need to read and review that have been there a long time. I get distracted easily with new books that come my way and forget the ones already there. I swear it's the book ADD getting me.