Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
I was so excited when Paola and Alix of A Novel Idea said yes to be a part of my feature! I adore their blog and I might have squeed just a little bit. You have to check out their beautiful and thoughtful blog. They write some amazing reviews and read an eclectic mix of genres.
What 5 books would you want with you if stuck on a deserted island and why?
- (Paola) Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Because it’s an incredible book but also contains handy survival tips. We are, after all, marooned on a deserted island. I need all the survival assistance I can get!
- (Paola) The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle - I feel like I would need a lot of comforting on a deserted island, and this is a book I always run to when I need to feel better about life.
- (Alix) The Complete Works of Jane Austen because I never get tired of reading Austen. (Paola’s note: I like how Alix was all clever and took an omnibus edition to the deserted island so she’d have like 12 books in one… hahaha)
- (Alix) The Worse Case Survival Handbook because, well I think the title is pretty self explanatory!
- (A+P) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Agreed) - We both love this book so we decided it would be our fifth and final pick. We can pass it back and forth whenever we need inspiration.
What 5 things/items would you want with you if stuck on a deserted island and why?
- (Paola) A bucket so I can collect water if it rains!
- (Paola) A tent. No way am I sleeping out there with all the bugs & wildlife. EEK.
- (Alix) A fully loaded swiss army knife
- (Alix) Matches so I can get a fire started
- (A+P) EACH OTHER! We have crazy co-blogger synergy so we’d increase our chances of survival by working together. **After discussing whether or not this answer would be cheating, we decided it amounted to a technicality and opted to do it anyway. Hahaha