Five awesome bookish things I learned this week.
1. Julianne Moore joins the Hunger Games cast for Mockingjay as president Alma Coin. -Huffington Post
2. The Scotiabank Giller Prize will release the longlist on September 16th @ 8:30AM PST at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. This year is the 20th anniversary of the Giller Prize. Other key dates to mark: shortlist announcement on October 8th and the winner will be announced on November 5th.You can keep up to date on this Canadian celebration of writer's by following on twitter @GillerPrize.
3. I found this great article about Book Collecting over at Tor.com - pretty much it gives the low down on the collecting books vs. hoarding them. "Collecting isn’t just hoarding—randomly accumulating lots of books is no bad thing, but collecting requires a slightly more strategic approach." -Jared Shurin
4. Bitten, by Kelley Armstrong, is going to be a TV show. It's going to be on Space in Canada and SyFy in the US. Check out Kelley's post about it and some FAQs she has written.
5. The Huffington Post listed the 13 Bookish TV Characters. Who did you think would make the list? They compiled this video series after seeing a list for Rory Gimore (of "Gilmore Girls") reading list challenge.