hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List
I made a bucket list back in September 2013 after reading a post by Reading Is My Treasure. So I'm taking the top ten from the list and adding a few new ones to put here with a little detail about each.
1. Follow a book budget. This I am already doing and am finding it to be a great help with keeping my spending under control.
2. Read GONE WITH THE WIND. It was my mother's all time favourite book and I regret that I didn't read if before she passed away. I would have loved to have been able to talk to her about why she loved it so much. And I'm adding in watching the movie to compare them. She loved the movie just as much.
3. Borrow more books from the library - ebooks and audiobooks included. It's free and it's a great way to make sure I read the books I take out. The due dates help me to read them in a timely manner compared to all of the books sitting on my shelves (they don't have deadlines, so go unread more easily).
4. Write more discussion posts on my blog about books/reading/book blogging. I want to have more people comment on my posts and discussion posts seem to be the best way to do so.
5. Read more books that are recommended to me by my family and friends. Hubby has recommended a series by Alex Kava for the last two years and I have yet to pick any of the books up. It was a goal for me two years ago, but I never did get there. AND my mother in law keeps suggesting the Outlander series. I really must make time for some of these recommendations.
6. Read the books on my shelves. I have so many books sitting there needing to be read, yet I still buy more and more. This will tie in nicely with #1 (book budget).
7. Finally have the little library I've always wanted. I use a spare bedroom as an office/library/guest room so it's not really a library per se, but one day I hope it will feel like one. I just need nicer shelves, some paint and to rearrange some furniture and I think it can happen.
8. Attend BEA. I really wanted to do this last year, but it didn't happen and I'm not sure it's in the cards for 2014. But one day I swear I will make it there.
9. Catch up/finish some book series'. Anita Blake Series by Laurel K. Hamilton is one that I am almost caught up on (2-3 books to go), The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, and so many others.
10. Don't stress about the blog as much. It's just a bonus part of life - not the biggest part. It shouldn't be like real work and it should be fun. Don't let it take over.
What is on your Bucket List?