Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
Andrea from Reading Lark is stranded on my Deserted Island this week. Read below to see what books she thinks are a must and what items she thinks will be handy! Thanks Andrea for participating.
1) If you were suck on a deserted island, what five books would you want with you and why?
- North and South by John Jakes - It's one of my favorites and its length means that it would last me awhile.
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer - This is another favorite that I could read over and over.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - I have been meaning to read this one, but something always gets in the way. I'd certainly have time to read it on a deserted island.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - My all time favorite - 'nuff said
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - It's hilarious and gives survival advice. If beauty queens can do it, I can too, right?!?!
2) Same question, but what five items would you want and why?
- Tent: I'm not really a suffer through the elements sort of girl.
- Bug Repellant: I dislike bugs almost as much as the elements.
- Hammock: I would want to be comfy while I read my five books and waited for rescue.
- Knife: This would be helpful in multiple situations for protection, food gathering, and keeping the vegetation at bay.
- Sunscreen: Being stranded is no reason to not protect yourself from UV rays.
This was fun. Thanks for thinking of me!