Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
I'm excited to welcome Melissa to be a part of the Deserted Island feature here on my blog. Melissa is the blogger over at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf. I love her Cat Thursday posts! We are both big cat lovers and book lovers. And well I love her reason for picking The Bible as one of her books... it's pretty much the same reasons I would read it through too.
1. The Complete Works of Shakespeare - It would give me quite a bit of reading and re-reading time and I've always felt that I should read more of The Bard.
2. The Complete Sherlock Holmes - I've loved Holmes since I was a child and would love the time to read and reread all the stories.
3. The Bible - I'm not really religious, but I've always thought that it would be great to have read the whole Bible. Not only would I be able to kick some butt on Jeopardy...but I'd be much more educated during discussions...assuming I escape the island!
4. SAS Survival Handbook - When not escaping from my situation, I'll need help dealing with it!
5. A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants - I'd need to know what I could safely eat!
1. A Tent - I love nature...but I need a little bit of separation to feel safe...plus it would give me plenty of time to build a shelter
2. A Sleeping bag - No matter how hot it is...I can't sleep without heavy blankets...and I think sleep will be crucial to survival
3. A Swiss Army Knife - Self explanatory
4. BlastMatch Fire Starter - I probably won't have anything to cook (What does a vegetarian need to cook on an island?) but fire will be crucial for surviving cold nights, chasing off unwelcome critters, and of course...reading after the sun sets.