KEURIG 2.0 not just for singles anymore!
|Finger prints on the lid already - that's how much we've used it.|
Hubby and I were so excited to pick up this box from the post office and get it unpacked right away. We wanted to brew some coffee or make hot chocolate right away, but I held off and read through everything included in the box. They have a great instruction manual and a quick sheet for setting up and using it right away.
It came with the carafe and a small box of both K-Cup and K-Carafe samples. So of course I made a hot chocolate first off. Yummy.
There are so many great new features on this brewing system (we received the K400).
- It can brew single cups or a carafe that can hold up to 4 cups.
- It has a bigger water reservoir (70 oz) that has a flip up flap so you can either pour water into it while it's still attached to the machine or you can take it off completely and fill right from the tap.
- It has a colour touch screen that allows you to choose your type of beverage you are brewing (coffee, hot chocolate, lattes and mochas). It has a timer for the machine to turn on/off and another timer where you can set it to brew one K-Cup or a K-Carafe.
- The cup holder adjusts to fit either the K-Cup or K-Carafe size without you needing to do a thing.
- It makes the beverage a lot hotter than the previous Keurig machine we had which is a bonus.
- You can adjust the strength of the brew as well with the touch of a button.
The only con that we could see is that with our previous Keurig we had purchased a reusable K-Cup coffee filter and could make a cup from any brand of coffee. From what I can see, this new Keurig 2.0 does not have that ability. But really, it's not a big issue at all as the brand my husband really enjoys comes in K-Cups and K-Carafes now.
This morning I had the machine set to auto brew a carafe of coffee for hubby. It was super easy to set: you pop in the K-Carafe, close the lid, then on the screen you change the number of cups (we did 2-3 cups as seen below) and then you click auto brew to pick your time to start. And if you are using a travel mug, 2-3 cup setting fills the travel mug perfectly. It worked like a charm. I also set the auto on/off for the machine to turn on at 7:00 AM and to turn off at 7:30 AM. That worked so well - no more worries about remembering to turn it off.
Here are some pictures of the features I mentioned above:
I would definitely recommend picking up a Keurig 2.0 to someone who is looking for an alternative brewing system that can handle single cups or carafe of coffee. I love how you can make one put for everyone to share or individual cups with different flavours. Great wedding gift or house warming gift idea.
You can check out the new Keurig 2.0 by following Keurig Canada on twitter @KeurigCanada #Keurig2point0 or on Facebook.
**I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.**