|I freaking love that button. :)|
Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner is hosting an End of Year Book Survey for 2011 - you should totally go check it out and write your own post - it was a lot of fun going through the books I've read and reviewed.
1. Best book(s) you read in 2011?
YA - Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle, Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst, Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
Non-fiction - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
2. Most disappointing book/book you wished you loved more then you did?
Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi - I think I was expecting it to be a lot more romantic than it was. It was very much a piece of literature that might have just been a little beyond me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2011?
Static by Tawny Stokes - It sounded like a good read, but I've been leery of self-published books in the past. I'm learning quickly that sometimes I enjoy self-pubs more than the mass marketed books out there.
4. Book(s) you recommended most to people in 2011?
YA - Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle, The Dig by Audrey Hart
Non-fiction - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Debt-Free Forever by Gail Vaz-Oxlade
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
Heist Society by Ally Carter - teenage thieves - what's not to like?
6. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Sarah Beth Durst, PT Michelle, Alex Flinn, Richelle Mead
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
More by Heidi Marshall (Christian Romance)
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle was one of the books that I just couldn't stop reading and when I was forced to stop due to having to go to work or you know exhaustion from staying up too late reading, all I could think about was the book and the characters!
9. Book most anticipated in 2011?
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa - I am in love with The Iron Fey Series.
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2011?
11. Most memorable character from 2011?
Pearl from Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst or Nara from Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler or Pulled by Amy Lichtenhan
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Pulled by Amy Lichtenhan - a very emotionally charged book
Blue by Lou Aronica - such a touching story
14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2011 to read?
Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
15. Favourite quote/passage from a book you read in 2011?
"Our kiss is a Midwest summer storm, swift and frightening. It's dark clouds and the sweet smell of impending rain all at the same time. It's knowing I should run inside, take cover, but not being able to pull myself away from the danger, the thrill." - Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
16. Book that you read in 2011 that would be most likely to reread in 2012?
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst - I loved Pearl and the story is just a lot of fun to read.
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - I refer back to this book often, as I am trying to work on being a happier person. I see myself rereading this shortly into the new year actually.
17. Book that had a scene that had you reeling and dying to talk to someone about it? (A WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc). Be careful of spoilers!
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa - so many scenes
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)
1. New favourite blog you discovered in 2011?
The Bookish Brunette - I discovered her blog during her Zombie Craze event and I freaking love her! She is hilarious, to the point, and a Zombie Queen!
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2011?
My guest post/review of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery for Book Junkies!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I actually haven't hosted an real discussions on my blog just yet. Hopefully 2012 will see more articles/discussions.
4. Most through-provoking review or discussion you read on someone else's blog in?
-Fiktshun writes about The Stress Free Book Blogger
-Midnight Bloom Reads write about Book Blogger Etiquette
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc)?
Meeting a handful of fellow Canadian bloggers!
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
Probably hosting Romance Week with my BFF, Aislynn. Hearing from authors about reviews I've written on their books. Reaching my One Year Bologversary!
7. Most popular post on your blog this year (either by comments or views)?
Random Magic: A - Z Guest Post by author Sasha Soren (page views)
8. Post you wish got a little more love?
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc)?
-Borrowing audio books from my library (and being able to download them to laptop/ipod)
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had planned for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did not complete any of the challenges I signed up for this year, but I am not letting it get me down. There is always 2012!
1. One book you didn't get to read in 2011 but will be your number one priority in 2012?
-Delirium by Lauren Oliver
2. Book you are most anticipating for 2012?
3. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2012?
-read a bigger variety of books - I have an eclectic taste, but somehow read more YA than anything else - I will be branching out a little more in 2012
-read 100 books in 2012
- spend more time reading and reviewing and less time tweaking the blog - the internet sucks up a lot of my time that I could be spending reading