Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
This week I am super excited to have Canadian author Ada Adams back to the blog today. I had so much fun with her over the last few weeks during her blog tour, that I asked her to come back and have a little fun herself. If you haven't read ReVamped yet, you should totally check it out. If you need more incentive to pick it up then check out these fun posts: Review, Guest Post (in which we see the balcony scene from Ethan POV and there is a GIVEAWAY happening until May 7th) and a really fun post where Ada is featured in a magazine! So without further ado...
- My laptop and mobile internet. That way, I would still be able to keep in touch with family, friends, and readers, while also working on the second book in the "Angel Creek" series. Of course, unless I had some kind of a solar power battery charger, this luxury wouldn’t last very long.
- A camera. I love to take pictures, but I just don’t have enough time to do it as often as I would like. Being stranded may provide me with a great opportunity for photography!
- An e-reader. I can load tons of books on it, but it would still count as one item, right? :P
- A notebook so that I could entertain myself by writing stories when my laptop, camera, and e-reader batteries die. Why must I be so dependent on technology?!
- A crossbow. You never know what kind of danger you may encounter. Plus, it would make me feel pretty cool to traverse the deserted island with a crossbow in hand!
Since I will have an e-reader (wink, wink!), I thought that it would be a great idea to load it with five book series which I haven’t had a chance to read yet, but have heard wonderful things about!
“Vampire Academy” series by Richelle Mead
“Mortal Instruments” series by Cassandra Clare
“Iron Fey” series by Julie Kagawa
“Covenant” series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Sookie Stakhouse” series by Charlaine Harris
I know, I also can’t believe that I haven’t read any of these books yet! I’m pretty sure that’s punishable by law, right? I love a finished series, so I’m hoping that they will all have concluded by the time I get stranded on the island.
Thank you for having me on your blog today! Happy reading!
PS: If you don’t see me Tweet for a few weeks, it’s probably because I’m stranded on an island and my laptop is dead. We can only hope that the e-reader battery is holding up. Come save me please!
Thank you for stopping by Ada! And don't feel so bad, I've only read The Iron Fey Series out of all those you listed. Though I pretty much want to read your entire Deserted Island list too.
"Many people sing in the shower. I, on the other hand, write scenes in my head and act them out." At age five, Ada read her first chapter book - Pippi Longstocking. Ever since that moment, she developed an intense passion for the stories and characters found within the pages of literature. In her career as an actress and a writer, Ada currently spends most of her days immersed in imaginary worlds. Much like the characters she enjoys playing and writing about, Ada is a martial artist with a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. She is also a big proponent of lifelong learning, and has attained Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (it aids in creating characters with unique quirks!) as well as a Master's of Science in Education. Ada strives to bring a fresh voice and perspective to fiction. She has been writing creatively for many years. "ReVamped" is her debut novel.She lives in Toronto, Canada, and enjoys adventurous nature hikes with her adorable puppies Cara and Oreo.