Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
This week author AL Jackson is stopping by to share her Deserted Island picks. Thank you for participating in my weekly feature!
A big thank-you to Chrystal for asking me to be a part of her Deserted Island feature!
If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 5 items, I would choose:
- Pillow. This girl likes to be comfortable.
- Matches. Not sure I’d ever get the hang of kindling a fire by hand.
- Knife. So many uses.
- Endless use Notepad. Okay, that might be cheating, but if I were on a deserted island, I’d definitely love to have a notebook where all the stories I’ve filed away in my head could be written.
- Endless use pen. Yep, gonna need one of these.
Now the five books were a little harder to narrow down.
- Bible. This one was easy.
- Survival guide. Knowing me, I’d eat something I wasn’t supposed to on the first day.
- Shakespeare anthology. I’ve always wanted to spend more time studying Shakespeare. Guess there’d be no better place than on a deserted island.
- Shadowbound by Erin Kellison. Total guilty pleasure, but one of my favorite books.
- Twilight. Another guilty pleasure. I could probably read it a thousand times and never get bored.
About the author: A.L. Jackson first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.
Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends and, with their encouragement, this story became her first full length novel, Pulled.
A.L. resides in Southern Arizona where she lives with her husband and three beautiful children. Her favorite pastime is spending time with the ones she loves.