Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
This week Mel from Mel's Book Blog stopped by with her Deserted Island packing list.
After looking around Mel's blog and Goodreads page I stumbled upon this: "I will read anything I can get my hands on really..I love to explore new genres and authors!" I couldn't agree more!
Thank you Mel for being a part of Deserted Island this week.
First of all, I’d like to say thanks so much for including me in this event! I have to say I really hope I don’t get stuck on a deserted island; I don’t tan, I burn endlessly. And then I freckle. Yep, being Irish is fun in the summertime, let me tell you. Anyway, here’s my list!
The 5 things I would need to have with me:
He cleans up nice, doesn’t he?
2) My adorable kitten Percy-I couldn’t go a day without seeing her cute little face. I don’t know how much she would enjoy our proximity to that much water, but hey, she’d adapt eventually.
3) Next I would need a solar powered ipod. Yep, I know as of right now there is no such thing,at least not to my knowledge. However, that doesn’t mean the folks at Apple couldn’t start working on it.
Who could leave that little face behind??
5) I think my final thing I would need would be a net to catch some fish in. Let’s just say I’m not the hunting type. Also, fish is something the humans and the feline can all enjoy. Some more than others, I know, but hey, if we’re hungry enough, it will work.
Now, onto the really hard part! 5 Books I couldn’t part with.
I have to tell you that it was VERY hard for me to pick only 5 books out of all my dozens of favorites. Very hard. But I did it! These aren’t in any sort of order..
1) Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner: I simply adore this book and no matter how often I reread it, I always enjoy it.
2) Rules of Negotiation by Inara Scott: This is a newer book by Inara Scott and I just adore her and her romance novels. I’ll admit it.
3) Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie: This is a fantastically funny and sexy read and I love Jenny Crusie. I knew I had to have at least one of her books with me and since I could never choose between the 2 Dempsey novels, I figured it’s best to stick with Min & Cal’s story.
4) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Now I know this might look like a weird pick; it’s the second book in a trilogy and the last installment isn’t out yet. Here’s the thing though, I just can’t leave Tessa behind. And although I am firmly Team Will and things aren’t looking so great for him at the end of Clockwork Prince, his character just shines in this book! You start to truly see the real Will and the true depth of his feelings for Tess. I will reread that balcony scene forever if left to my own devices. If I didn’t love Magnus so much I’d hate him for breaking that up!
5) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: Last but certainly not least. This is one of my two very favorite books, EVER; the other being Gone with the Wind. This book made me love reading and I can reread it and still find reasons to love it.
So these are my picks and I want to say thanks again for letting me be a part of this!!