Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
This week my fiancee, Greg, is stuck on the Deserted Island. After seeing how many people were participating, he decided he would give it a go. Greg is a big sports fan, especially hockey, and loves to read biographies about different players, sports related books and is a HUGE fan of Dean Koontz and Alex Kava.
5 things I would want with me if I were stuck on a deserted island:
|Sasha and Esme|
1) My cats - they are my girls, I'd miss them too much to not have them with me.
2) A bottle of rum - you can clean wounds with alcohol and it's tasty
3) Matches - to make fire to cook on and keep warm
4) A shovel - you can dig holes to bury things, you can use it to chop at things
(if you have a spade type shovel with the sharper edges)
5) Yo-yo - to pass the time, I'd try to master many tricks
5 books I would want with my if I were stuck on a deserted island:
1) Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz - my fave author... couldn't be stranded without one of his novels
2) The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman - if you haven't watched the show or read the graphic novels - DO IT!
3) Uncle John's Bathroom Reader: Shoots and Scores - this is a handy little book filled with all sorts of hockey tidbits
4) A survival book - this is a must for any stranded person... it will help me know what I can eat, how to build things etc
5) The latest Sportsnet Magazine -va great spots magazine that every guy should read
Thanks for stopping by Greg!