Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
This week one of my fellow Ontario bloggers has stopped by to share her Deserted Island picks with us. So please welcome, my new friend Michele from Just A Lil' Lost!
What a fun feature! (and how fitting with my Lost-themed blog name :D) Thank you for asking me to participate!
I honestly don't ever re-read books except for the Harry Potter series... so I can't imagine being stuck with 5 books on a deserted island that I'd have to read over and over again, so I'm slightly cheating and picking the latter 5 books of the series. (Only because the first two are so thin and I wouldn't want to waste my choice on such a fast read!)
1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Order of the Phoenix (the longest one! bonus!)
4. Half-Blood Prince (my favourite one!)
5. Deathly Hallows
1. A deck of cards. Simple, but it can be a source of entertainment.
2. A bucket to collect fresh water. After reading On the Island and their desperation to collect rain water, it's definitely up there on the important list for sure!
3. A knife. Whether it's used to kill food, cut open fruit or self defense, a knife would definitely come in handy in more ways than one.
4. Sunglasses. I wouldn't want to strain and damage my eyes by not protecting them from the scorching sun while I'm on said deserted island for who knows how long. Plus while I wear the sunglasses, I can use my regular glasses to catch the rays of sun to start a fire!
5. My camera. Yes, pretty frivolous since I wouldn't have anywhere to print or send them to but the amateur photographer in me wouldn't be able to resist capturing all the beautiful scenery and all the sunrises and sunsets while on an island.