Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
Ashley from Book Labyrinth is here today with her bookish picks for her Deserted Island stay. If you've been a reader of my blog for a while you will know that Ashley has made a few guest appearances in the last few months, so I was super excited when she agreed to be a part of my feature! Thanks Ashley!
1) What 5 books would you want with you if stuck on a Deserted Island? Why?
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta -- It's my favourite book of all-time and I swear it only gets more beautiful upon re-read -- no brainer for me to take along.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater -- My island may be deserted, but at least I can at least celebrate that it doesn't have capaill uisce on it. Also this book just tears my heart out it's so amazing.
- Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling -- I was going to say the whole series, but I figured that's cheating. I really adore OotP, and it's also really long, so it'll keep me busy.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins -- This is my happy making book. I always re-read it if I'm feeling sad or if I need to get out of a reading funk. I figure it will help keep my mind off my predicament.
- A survival skills book of some sort. Despite camping all the time while growing up I'm pretty useless at outdoorsy things. I would definitely need a guide.
2) What 5 items? Why?
- Lip stuff! aka Avon Care Deeply Lip Balm -- I pretty much use this 24/7, so I would go a bit batty without it. Or perhaps the sunblock one would be wise on my island, because I'm counting on it being a warm deserted island at least. ;)
- Neutrogena ultrasheer sunscreen -- Because I am the palest person you'll ever meet, and I would broil without it.
- Metal water bottle -- Refillable, and I could boil water clean in it (I think).
- A mirror -- To signal for help and to help me start a fire.
- A blanket -- It is comforting, it will keep me warm at night, and if I had to I could rip it up to make rope.
Ashely, I really need to check out Jellicoe Road - I keep hearing you mention it and suggest it to others. I've added to my wishlist.
You can find Ashely around the web:
Blog | Twitter | Goodreads